This is Catfish, Darktide Community Manager, here with another comm-link update! We established these comm-links to answer some of the community’s questions and to give information about upcoming patches.
We will release a tiny impromptu patch next week which will implement a few changes to the vote kick system and some small balance changes. Here are some of the changes (full patch notes will be released shortly after the patch goes live):
- Tweaked the hitzone priority for all human axes.
- M35 Magnacore Mk II Plasma Gun:
- Venting damage now is absorbed by toughness, at a 3x rate.
- M35 Magnacore Mk II Plasma Gun now ignores hitzone multipliers for anything not a monstrosity.
Dev Note: This means that the M35 Magnacore Mk II Plasma Gun can now damage Bulwarks through their shield, and bodyshots on enemies will not be able to be blocked by their limbs.
- Added lag compensation to Pox Hound pounce attack to make it easier for players with higher ping to dodge their attacks.
- Reduced the pause between spawns of other enemies while Pox Hounds from the Hunting Grounds condition are active on higher difficulties.
Dev Note: “Specialists and Horde spawns are no longer paused on Heresy/Damnation difficulty, resulting in a higher possibility of a mixture of spawns when a hunting grounds event is active.The intent is to provide a wider range of challenge on higher difficulties instead of forcing the same behavior every time we spawn hunting grounds hounds.”
- Reduced melee stagger resistance on Poxbursters during their lunge animations, so that melee attacks can stagger Poxbursters more reliably.
- Tweaked Poxbursters so that they reset their stagger immune time when they lunge at players.
- Implemented changes to the vote kick system:
- This will now display as a notification instead of a pop up
- Added measures to counter players ability to spam vote kick.
In the next update, which will deploy during the first week of May, we will add new penances for each class in Darktide. These penances will have targets that will be easily obtainable while encouraging more cohesive team play! Some of the new penances you can expect to see are (these numbers might be tweaked before release, but full details will be in the patch notes!) :
- On Malice threat of higher, knock down 3 Ranged enemies using Bull Rush, 25 times.
- On Heresy Threat or higher, hit 4 Elite or Specialist enemies with Big Boxes of Hurt, without missing an Elite or Specialist enemy with a Big Box of Hurt, 5 times.
- On Malice Threat or higher, kill 1000 enemies with Melee Attacks whilst at at least 3 stacks of Martyrdom.
- On Malice Threat or higher, kill 100 Elite or Specialist enemies with Brain Burst while at maximum Warp Charges.
- On Malice Threat or higher, kill 100 enemies that are over 25 meters away.
- On Heresy Threat or higher, kill 2 Elite or Specialist enemies during a single volley fire, 50 times.
In addition, achieving penances will unlock new free cosmetics for each class. Here is a sneak peak of just 2 of the cosmetic sets you will be able to earn (to be clear, there are more than 2 cosmetic sets this is just a small tease for the upcoming release):